Your goal in this speech is to persuade your audience to change their attitudes, values, beliefs, or actions in regard to an important social, political, cultural, or economic issue.
In particular, your job is to, first, identify a pressing problem related to your project and provide evidence the problem exists and is important; and, second, offer a solution to the problem and provide evidence the solution will succeed in decreasing the problem without causing more serious damage. Finally, you should identify what tangible steps your audience can take to help solve the problem.
You should make a quality argument on behalf of your perspective. This is a persuasive speech. You must attempt to persuade the class to believe as you believe on this issue.
Your topic should be presented in a clear, well-organized format. It is critical to develop your ideas and provide relevant researched information. You will need to use at least 6 quality sources in your speech to support your argument. The works used must be cited verbally in your speech (Author, Publication Title, and Exact Date), as well as on a reference page turned in with the outline using APA style guidelines.
Consider these questions as you craft your speech:
- What is the problem?
- How do you know it is a problem? (Could it be interpreted differently?)
- Who does the problem affect? (On a global, national, or local scale)
- What is the scope of the problem?
- What is causing the problem? How do you know that is the cause of the problem?
- What solutions to the problem are available?
- What solutions have been tried in the past and failed? Why did they fail?
- What is the best possible outcome if your solution is tried?
- What is the worst possible outcome if your solution is tried?
- What can you do to minimize the worst possible outcome?
In answering these questions, you will need to do research. That research should function as the evidence you use in the speech.
You must perform the speech in front of an audience of at least 5 people. The people must be shown on the video at both the beginning and end of the speech. Do not splice the video or alter it in any way to make it seem as if you have an audience when you don’t. Failure to display your audience both at the beginning and end of your speech will result in a reduction in the speech grade.
This is a formal speech. You should dress appropriately and stand while delivering your speech. I should be able to see your whole body while performing your speech.
Must fill out outline on a speech topic