This week you will start the creation of a SWOT analysis which is the identification of your strategic audit company’s Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats. For this module, you will start to develop Section III of your Strategic Audit Report by creating pieces pertaining to the external environment and how they impact your selected company by developing an EFAS table or summary of external factors. They include opportunities and threats such as the natural physical environment, societal environment, task environment. Researching these areas will help you identify the opportunities and threats that can enhance or threaten your strategic audit company. Being able to realize what can impact your organization for good or bad is imperative to creating and maintaining a successful strategy.
Provided are the guidelines to complete each part:
- Provide a written overview of the natural and physical environments affecting your strategy audit company. This summary could include topics such as but are not limited to the climate, pollution, weather, temperature, sea level, fresh water, flooding, etc. There is no minimum of the number of topics to write about; however, each one should be relevant to your strategic audit company.
- Explain how the following forces are currently affecting industries in which your strategic audit company competes:
Please provide a 2-3 sentence explanation for each force, with at least one outside source properly cited and references for each to validate and support your answers.
- Complete an External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) table following the guidelines and instructions in the following documents:
- EFAS Worksheet (DOCX)
- EFAS Sample (DOCX)
- Parts 1 and 2 of your assignment should be one page in length for each part.
- Part 3 of your assignment should consist of the completed worksheet.
- All pages should be double-spaced, with sources cited and referenced using current APA formatting.